Dr.S.Suganya, Associate Professor
Dr.S.Suganya is a highly energetic, enthusiastic individual who is highly dedicated to provide the best education. She is self-motivating with strong organizational and leadership qualities. She has an experience of 17 years in academics and 3 years of industrial experience.
She has completed her Ph.D in Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology affililated to Bharathiar University. She has shown her academic excellence in Dr. G.R.Damodharan College of Science, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Narasipuram, Coimbatore. GRG School of Management Studies, Peelamedu, and KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Kurumbapalayam, Coimbatore.
She is specialized in marketing and is interested in Consumer behavior, Advertising and sales promotion, Services marketing, Hospitality services , Integrated and marketing communication , Retail management, Customer relationship management. She has been the member and coordinator of the Board of Studies of the MBA Department engaged in the revision and updation of the syllabi as per the industry requirements.
She has worked as the Co-coordinator of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). She has organized many National Conferences and Faculty Development Program. She has completed UGC Minor Research Project. She has published many articles in National and International conferences and in UGC referred journals.
- Organised a National Conference on the topic “Smarter Management Practices” in KV Institute of Management and Information Studies on 04.05.2017.
- Organised a National Conference on the topic “Digital India : Challenges and Opportunities” on 06.04.2018.
- Chief Editor for the KVIM Journal of Management (ISSN 2395-2156), Volume 4 , Issue 1- April 2018
- Chief Editor for the KVIM Journal of Management (ISSN 2395-2156), Volume 3 , Issue 1- May 2017
- Completed the UGC Minor Research Project entitled “A Study on Brand Awareness for personal care products among women in rural areas of Coimbatore City.”
- Awarded Ph.D on September 2014 by the Bharathiar University. Guided by Dr.K.A.Chinnaraju, Director, Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology.
- Faculty in charge for the activity of the ranking of CIMAT in various B School survey like IMRB- All India Management Association, GHRDC, The Week, Business India’s Best B- School Survey ,Outlook MDRA, Business Today – MDRA B- School survey etc. since 2008.
- Organised a One day Faculty Development Program on “Redefining Marketing in the Dynamic Business Scenario” on 5th November 2015 in GRG School of Management Studies.
- As the Co-ordinator of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in CIMAT always focused to achieve the primary aim of IQAC.
- Member of the editorial board of the CIMAT IQAC Newsletter.
- As the Co-coordinator of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) organized One day National Seminar on “Quality Improvement and Sustenance in Higher Education” sponsored by NAAC on 25.04.14.
- Expert Committee member of the Research Circle of Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology.
- As member and coordinator of the Board of Studies of the MBA Department engaged in the revision and updation of the syllabi for every academic year as per the industry requirements.
Paper Presentations In Seminar/Conference/ Workshop
- Presented a paper on the topic “E-Banking” in the National Conference on Challenges in Modern Banking conducted by GRD Institute of Management, Dr.G.R.Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore on 29.08.2018.
- Presented a paper on the topic “A study on sales promotion effectiveness with special reference to retailers in Coimbatore City” in the International Conference on Innovation in Management Practices(ICIMP-2018) conducted by Department of Commerce, Sankara College of Science and Commerce, Saravanampatty, Coimbatore, on 26.09.2018.
- Presented a paper on “IT Enabled Services” in the Regional Seminar conducted by Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology on 27.01.2007.
- Presented a paper on “Fostering innovation for organizational competence” in the National Seminar conducted by Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology.
- Presented a paper “Technology as a tool for corporate strategy” in the two day National Seminar on “Technology Integration-Problems and prospects in small and medium scale business” in GRD Academy of Management on 23.01.2008 and 24.01. 2008.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Corporate Social Responsibility- A Competitive Corporate Advantage” at SNS Rajalakshmi Institute of Management on 20.03.2008.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Supporting Knowledge Management through HRM practices” in the National Seminar conducted by Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology on 18.07.2008 and 19.07.2008.
- Published a paper “Challenges & Opportunities for the future in terms of KPO” in an edited volume at a National Seminar at GRD Academy of Management.
- Presented a paper in the National Level Conference on “Strategic Management “in RVS College of Management on the topic “Strategic Responses to Changing environment” on 20.02.2009.
- Presented a paper in the National Level Conference in GRDIM on the topic “Leveraging Information Technology for MSME development” on 21.02.2009.
- Presented a paper on “HR trends in the Post Recession Milieu” in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar in Dr. G.R.Damodaran College of Science on August 21st & 22nd 2009.
- Presented a paper on “Rebooting Strategies for Global Recession” in an International Conference conducted by Tiruppur Kumaran College for women on 20.08.2009.
- Presented a paper on “Time management, Energy management and Entrepreneurship” in the National Conference on “Role of Technical and Management Institutions in cultivating Entrepreneurs” conducted by VLB Janakiammal College of Engineering and Technology on 18th and 19th of September 2009.
- Presented a paper in the International Conference on Global Marketing Strategies and Practices on the topic B” organized by Nehru Institute of Management Studies on 08.10.2010.
- Presented a paper on “Organized retailing in India :Need of the hour” organized by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management” on 15.11.2011.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Digital Marketing Strategies Beyond 2015” in the National Conference on Digital Marketing conducted by GRD Academy of Management on 25.02.2015.
- Presented a paper entitled “E- Tailing” in the One day Conference on New age organizations 2020: A Management perspective in the GRG School of Management Studies on 25.04.2015.
- Presented a paper entitled “Digital Marketing Strategies” in the UGC sponsored Seminar organized by the Department of Business Administration, PSGR Krishnammal College foe Women on 24.07.2015.
- Presented a paper entitled “The rise of women entrepreneurs in India” in the one day UGC Sponsored International Seminar on “Socio-Economic Perspectives of Women Entrepreneurship in Kerala “in Mercy College, Palakkad, Kerala on 08.12.2016.
- Presented a paper entitled “Creative Packaging” in the One day National conference on Impact of recent advances and innovations in Business administration in Karpagam University on February 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “Digital Marketing Strategies Beyond 2017” in the ICSSR Sponsored National Conference on Marketing in an Interconnected World Trends, Opportunities and Challenges in GRG School of Management Studies in 17.03.2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “Buying behavior of rural and urban women for personal care products” in the Third International Conference on “Innovative Trends in Technology and Management” organized by Department of Business Administration (MBA), Kalasalingam University on March 30th & 31st, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “A paradigm shift in education through innovative pedagogy” In The Future of Learning Conference 2018-Pedagogy,Policyand Technology in a Digital World on 15th & 16th January 2018 organised by Indian Institute of Bangalore.
- Published an article entitled A study on sales promotion effectiveness with special reference to retailers in Coimbatore City in the peer reviewed ISSN Indexed Online International Journal (under Special Issue SEP-2018) RESEARCH REVIEW International Journal of Multidisciplinary, E-ISSN : 2455-3085, DATE OF ISSUE : 03.10.2018, Ref .No : ICIMP18015, Journal indexed in Thomson Reuters, Google Scholar, IIJIF,DOAJ,RESEARCH BIBLE, DRJI, DAIJ, OAJI.net, QF, GIF,UGC, Research ID
- Published an article entitled A study on impact of organizational commitment on job satisfaction with organizational citizenship behavior as a mediating factor among Engineers in South India Home Appliances Manufacturing Firms in SuGyaan Management Journal of Siva Sivani Institute of Management , ISSN : 0975-4032 , VOLUME :IX, Issue – 1 , Jan – June , 2017, Global Impact Factor (GIF) for 2012 – 0.421 and 2013 – 0.493, UGC 2017 Approved Journal List – Journal No :46067
- Awarded the BEST PAPER AWARD for the article contributed on the topic “A Study on decision making and buying behavior of rural and urban women for beauty care and hygienic products in Coimbatore district” on September 8th and 9th 2018, Pune in the 23rd International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Practice in the Era of Digital Innovation and Academic Intelligence : A futuristic approach organized by Research Development Association and Research Development Research Foundation in collaboration with Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Jaipur Management Association (affiliated to AIMA)
- Published an article entitled Fostering excellence in Management education through ingenious learning, in International Journal of Science and Research, (IJSR) , ISSN : 2319-7064 , VOLUME :8, Issue – 1 , Jan2019, Impact Factor:7.426.
- Published an article entitled A study on e – commerce industry growth and its impact on retailers in Coimbatore city in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research , ISSN : 2349-5162 , VOLUME :6, Issue – 1 , Jan2019,ISSN and UGC approved , Impact Factor:5.87